Sexual Intimacy Counselling
We know that a couples’ sex life can be one of the most enriching sources of connection and intimacy for couples, but when difficulties arise before, during, or after sex, a loss of self-esteem and ruptures to your bond as a couple can ensue.
Couples Therapy Melbourne offers therapy to support individuals and couples heal from difficulties with various sexual issues. These may include:
- Differing libidos (sex drives)
- Self-esteem and body image concerns
- Sexual trauma & sexual abuse
- Lost passion/desire
- Difficulty orgasming
- Erectile dysfunction
- Premature or delayed ejaculation
- Affairs/infidelity impacting sex life
- Sex and IVF concerns
- Sex during and after pregnancy
- Sex & porn addiction
- Open-relationship & polyamorous relationship sex issues
We provide a safe and supportive space to process and overcome hurdles to a fulfilling sex life. We are respectful of all sexual orientations, genders, and relationship styles.
Please note that sex therapy does not involve any physical/sexual contact between you and your therapist, nor between you and your partner(s) in the therapy session. Sex therapy homework tasks may be assigned by your therapist for you and/or you and your partner(s) to complete in the privacy of your home.
At Couples Therapy Melbourne, our therapist Francesco Cataldo, member of the Society of Australian Sexologists, is trained to provide effective, evidence-based therapy for sexual issues.
To book in a counselling session with Francesco, contact us at 1300 784 184, book online, or email us at email@example.com.
To start your sex therapy journey, check out a few of the below recommended articles, books, and podcasts:
- Couples Therapy Melbourne blogs about sex
- Foreplay Radio Podcast with Laurie Watson & George Faller
- Where Should We Begin? Podcast with Esther Perel
- Rekindling Desire by Barry McCarthy
- When Your Sex Drives Don’t Match: Discover Your Libido Types to Create a Mutually Satisfying Sex Life by Sandra Pertot
- Wanting Sex Again: How to Rediscover Your Desire and Heal a Sexless Marriage by Laurie Watson
- Come as You Are: The Surprising New Science that Will Transform Your Sexy Life by Emily Nagoski
- Mating in Captivity by Esther Perel
- The State of Affairs: Rethinking Infidelity by Esther Perel
- A Happy Life in an Open Relationship: The Essential Guide to a Healthy and Fulfilling Nonmonogamous Love Life by Susan Wenzel
- The Sexual Healing Journey: A Guide for Survivors of Sexual Abuse by Wendy Maltz
- The Elusive Orgasm By Vivienne Cass